What's on for the School Holidays?
Need some ideas for entertaining the kids? Here are our top tips:
- Take the family to The Cafe Solway & Golf Driving Range and the kids will enjoy a kid's meal, soft drink or juice & a free bucket of balls for the Golf Driving Range for only $10.50.
- Visit Pukaha Mount Bruce Wildlife Centre or be a Junior Ranger for a day and go behind the scenes with the rangers while learning about our native wildlife!
- Get a Wairarapa Family Fun Pass - this is a great deal and has lots of fun things to get up to!
- Head to Aratoi Museum of Art and History for a fun indoor activity. Aratoi also has a School Holiday 3 day workshop from 11th to 13th July for ages 7-13yrs.
- Cobblestones Museum & Schoc Chocolates in Greytown. Take a self-guided tour around the charming Cobblestones village then pop next door into Schoc for a sweet treat!
- Visit Paua World in Carterton - they have lots of different shells for craft activities.
- Head to the Trusthouse Recreation Centre Swimming Pools - lots of fun in the water.
- See the seals and race up the steps to the lighthouse at Cape Palliser.
- Get active and hop on your bike or get your walking shoes on.
- Queen Elizabeth Park is one of the best family parks in NZ with lots to do! Mini Golf, Bike Hire, Deer park and lots more!
Pedal boats on the lake are open Tuesday - Sunday from 10.30am to 4.30pm.
Miniature train is open on Saturday & Sunday from 11am to 4pm (weather dependent).
- The Wool Shed is a great place for kids to learn about the shearing industry.